Health Tip: Fueling Your Body With Protein
Posted August 12, 2017
(HealthDay News) -- Protein helps build necessary muscle and a toned physique, especially if you're an athlete.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers these protein pointers:
-- Diana Kohnle
- Eat a protein-laden meal within two hours of exercise. If you're an athlete, aim for 1.2 grams to two grams of protein per kilogram of your body
- weight each day, spaced throughout the day.
- You probably can get enough protein through food. Supplements and protein powders aren't necessary.
- Don't forget carbohydrates and beneficial fats.
- Get enough regular physical activity. Exercise combined with the right diet is what builds strength and muscle tone.
Copyright © 2017 HealthDay. All rights reserved.